8 REASONS TO RECONSIDER HOME SOLAR.
1. Rebates: There is still currently a 30% federal tax rebate. Can't use the rebate? You can lease your system, and still save money. Every month, you are throwing away your payment to PG&E. Invest it in your home.
2. Utility Companies: Utility companies do not like giving up control of power generation and profits. States are enacting more regulation that is anti-solar. Utilities are adjusting rate schedules to penalize solar users. Those who get in early will save the most money and be grandfathered into existing policy.
3. Rate Increases: PG&E just announced another series of rate increases before Diable Canyon closes. Between December 2015 and December 2016, “a number” of approved rate increases resulted in residential rates increasing 21%. In 2017, a high usage surcharge was added, tiers were consolidated from 3 to 2, and we saw a tier price (adjustment) of +5%. - Business Times, Feb. 17, 2017, Riley McDermid
4. Low Panel Costs: Panel prices are on the rise for the first time since 1977. In 2015, prices were $0.57/watt.In June of 2017, prices hit a low of $0.40/watt. New import tariffs are expected to kick panel prices above $0.80/watt in 2018.
5. Rising Labor Costs: Solarponics does not subcontract out our installs, so we can keep costs down. We also train all of our own employees, ensuring projects get done right the first time. The solar energy industry employs more workers than the coal, oil, and gas industry combined. The growing need to add another 36,000 trained workers in 2017 is driving up labor costs.
6. Financing: Programs like $0 down financing, low-interest loans, HELOC, and leases are still easy to acquire. Qualifying credit scores are 675 and up, making financing possible for most homeowners.
7. SAVINGS: Homeowners who installed solar electric just four years ago have already seen a 100% return on investment. Waiting for “something to happen” will cost you thousands/year in lost savings.
8. Trust, Experience, and Value. We use every tool in the toolbox to deliver value in everything that we do, so that your system costs less to install, and saves you more. Since 1975, we have installed over 5,000 solar energy systems across the central coast, saving homeowners $45 million and counting.