GET A QUOTE
Commercial Solar Energy
• Commercial NEM2 rate plan closes April 14, 2023.
• Prevailing Wage guidelines go into effect on all projects over 15kW beginning 01-02-2024.
Solarponics commercial solar energy group specializes in solar projects from small retail 30 kW installs to mid-size manufacturing facilities of up to one megawatt. We are able to offer the best value in pricing, labor, and project efficiencies within this range.
Call Todd Burnett, Commercial Energy Analyst, at (805) 245-2405.
18% of all cars purchased in California in 2022 were electric. 100% of all cars for sale after 2035 will be electric.
Establish your brand as a sustainable leader. Commercial electric car chargers can reduce your carbon footprint, improve air quality, and offer a unique amenity for those that have the ability to charge their vehicle while at work. Offering EV charging solutions stations at your business is also a great way to attract and retain employees.
• Commercial EV charge stations are eligible for the 30% federal tax credit
• Commercial EV charge stations range from 16 amp to 80 amp fast chargers.
• Networked EV charging lets drivers find you at no cost.
• Set charging fees by time, session, kWh, or any combination of those. You can set fees for different drivers or groups of drivers or for different times of the day.
Commercial water recirculation systems for added comfort, convenience, water, and energy savings.
Waiting for hot water is miserable. Plus, this wastes a lot of water. Over a year, the wasted static water in a small office of 10-12 people wastes over 12,000 gallons. An office building of 100 people wastes over 120,000 gallons of water per year.
Of all the water in the world, less than 1% is available for human use. Protecting and managing our most precious resource is everyone’s responsibility.
A Water Recirculation system installed by Solarponics.
How it works
Water recirculation pumps are installed on all sinks and faucets in bathrooms and kitchen areas. Hot water is circulated through the “cooled” hot water lines until the water is hot at the faucet. The cool water is circulated back to the water heater(s) via the cold-water line, and no water is wasted during the wait.
Commercial Solar Hot Water Heating is a Bright Business Investment
Businesses of all sizes are realizing the benefits of commercial solar water heating to reduce their ever increasing PG&E bills. With the 30% federal tax credit still available, it’s an ideal time to look into solar water heating. Some industries that will benefit most from a commercial solar water heating system include; hotels, craft breweries, laundromats, dry cleaners, restaurants, and more.
Commercial Solar Water Heating Credits and Rebates
- Commercial solar water heating qualifies for 5-year acceleration depreciation.
- In certain instances, it also qualifies for Section 179 deduction.
- In-house solar engineering team to ensure your commercial solar water heating system generates the most energy savings possible, thus saving you the most.
- Peace of mind in knowing you just made a wise investment as well as an environmental improvement.
Introducing PACE Commercial Financing
The Property Assessed Clean Energy program (PACE), and commonly referred to as Bill AB 811, is now available that allows businesses to start saving immediately by installing a renewable energy system with ZERO MONEY DOWN, and payment terms that are less than your current energy bill. Plus, PACE financing does not affect your line of credit or other business credit worthiness. Your payments are tied to the property taxes of the commercial address.Why Commercial Property Owners Like PACE
- 100% up front financing for qualified upgrades.
- The payment obligation for the PACE assessment stays with the property if it is sold.
- PACE assessments quality as an operating expense under most triple-net lease agreements. You can pass the payments and/or savings along to tenants.
- Allows building to finance improvements while incurring no additional debt on a property.
- Projects are cash flow positive from the outset. Interest rates are relatively low and payable over an extended period of time (up to 20 years).
- Security of tax lien allows building owners, who often lack investment-grade credit ratings, to access third party financing for energy upgrades.
- Using property assessments preserves capital and credit line for core business investments.
Both solar PV and Battery Energy Storage Systems can provide many benefits for companies in both the private and commercial sector. From promoting cost savings to ensuring a business can handle a grid outage without a loss of production or product, solar PLUS storage is an excellent addition to any company. Interested in a solar-only solution for your business? Click here.
Here’s a breakdown of the most significant benefits of commercial solar PLUS battery storage:
1. Lower Prices Than Utility Rates
A solar PV system can produce onsite energy at a rate that is lower, per kWh, than what the local utility would charge. A battery storage and backup system can deliver tariff-specific demand charge savings, which can be a major benefit for commercial operations.
When solar energy and battery storage are paired, they offer enhanced benefits. Not only are the savings and ROI much higher when the technologies work as a duo, but a combined solar and storage system has the potential to streamline the use of energy and significantly reduce demand charge risk. In San Luis Obispo County, peak demand drives energy costs from roughly $20 per KW to $52 during high-demand periods. Get a Quote
2. Reduced Intermittency
One of the largest challenges facing companies today is solar intermittency, which can make energy production not completely predictable and consistent.
By installing battery backup systems, commercial operations can reduce demand charge risk due to solar intermittency. This, in turn, makes energy production consistently reliable and reduces the risk of demand charge-related electricity expenses.
3. Reliable Backup Power
Adding commercial battery backup to an existing solar system will also enhance the resilience of a building’s power supply. This is one of the most important considerations for commercial operations today.
When a company installs backup batteries, they store excess energy produced by solar panels. This energy is then “stored” for later use. If the company then experiences an outage or disconnection from the grid, the building can utilize the solar battery backup to access power, even in the event of an outage.
5. Corporate Image and Social Responsibility
Today, customers want to do business with companies that support the same social and environmental initiatives that they do. Because of this, installing solar panels and backup batteries at your company is a great way to attract positive attention and market yourself and your company as an organization that cares about the environment and reduces dependence on nonrenewable resources. Get a Quote
6. Cost Savings
Most commercial utility customers pay on a kilowatt-hour basis for the power they use. The cost per kilowatt-hour is based on the company’s highest usage period within a single billing cycle. As such, companies are billed for utilization spikes that exceed their standard number of kilowatt-hours, which can create hundreds or even thousands of dollars of cost overrun during months when costs have increased.
It’s not at all uncommon for companies to find that demand charges make up more than 50% of their monthly commercial utility bills.
While alternative energy sources, such as solar power, can offset demand charges, batteries are the one element that can truly reduce the costs associated with peak energy use. By delivering stored solar power on-demand, battery backup systems are ideal for reducing expenses and helping companies save money in the long term.
Is Your Organization A Good Candidate for Solar Energy Storage?
Battery storage works well for corporate locations that have already installed or will be installing solar panels. By reducing high monthly demand charges, commercial solar battery storage helps companies keep more money in their pockets.
Solar plus battery storage and backup is not just for large corporations anymore. Small to mid-sized companies are discovering the benefits of solar plus battery backup:
- Hotels & Resorts
- Medical Office Buildings
- Hardware Stores
- Agricultural companies with large operations
- Car Wash
Why commercial solar energy is good for your business
- Accelerated Depreciation: Businesses may take accelerated five-year depreciation on the cost of a commercial solar energy system under “MARCS”, Modified Accelerated Cost-Recovery System.
30% Federal Tax Credit on the cost of the system, with no cap thru Dec 31, 2032.
- Eliminate unforeseen energy cost increases due to unpredictable rate changes.
- Demonstrate your green credentials to customers, suppliers, community, and industry.
- ROR of 30% or higher.
- Reduce Operating Costs: If your business operates seven days a week, your ROR can be as high as 50%.
- Low Maintenance. The system has no moving parts, requiring very little maintenance.
We are moving into a period of eco-business responsibility. As a result, businesses are looking to build partnerships with other suppliers and retailers that are eco-conscious. With ISO 14001 increasingly becoming a prerequisite for many partnerships, installing a commercial solar PV system alongside implementing an environmental management plan can make a big difference when it comes to attracting new as well as repeat business. A commercial solar energy system can help you gain an extra competitive advantage in a tough economic climate.
Local Solar Company Advantage
Solarponics was founded in San Luis Obispo in 1975 as a sustainable energy company installing solar water heating systems. Since then, we've installed over 5,500 complete home sustainable energy systems.
Solarponics commitment is to always do the right thing, by our employees, our customers, our vendors, our communities, our planet.
As owners/partners in Amicus, the nations largest solar co-op, you gain access to the best pricing, products, and technology.
Last, but not least, you are assured a long-lasting, efficient, and profitable system maintained by our dedicated in-house service department.
With 47 years in the solar business and over 5,500 solar installs, you can rest assured you're in good hands. Many of our employees have been with us over 10 years. That’s longer than most solar companies have been in business.
Born in San Luis Obispo and raised in Atascadero, you can't find a more dedicated local solar company than Solarponics. We have great relationships with city and county inspectors, because we've earned their trust. So, what's next? Let's talk.
Click and zoom to see Solarponics customers in your neighborhood.
When it comes to solar energy systems and service, central coast residents trust Solarponics.
Kathy from San Luis Obispo says,
"Wow I can't say enough good things about Solarponics! They installed our solar, radiant heat floor and our Tesla battery. They always responded promptly to our questions. They are a wonderful company and easy to work with."
Thank you, Kathy, for your review.
When we install a sustainable energy system, we're installing forty-seven years of…Wow!
Don't just go solar. Go Solarponics.
Listen to our Testimonial
Solar Energy Incentives & Rebates
We identify and help you take advantage of any incentive and/or rebate that is available. Solarponics also occasionally has internal solar energy incentives and rebates. Your energy analyst will always present you with the best possible current incentive that you are eligible for to save you the most money.
NEM3 SOLAR RATE PLAN IS OPEN
All new solar energy systems installed after April 15, 2023 will fall under the NEM3 energy rate plan. A system designed to maximize saving is not as simple as it used to be. It is to your advantage under NEM3 to install solar electric system with battery backup to maximize onsite energy consumption and storage. Let Solarponics desing a system with the greatest savings.
30% INVESTMENT TAX CREDIT (ITC)
Valid through 12-31-2032
In a stunning reversal of policy, the federal government extended the solar tax credit for two years, as part of the Investment Recovery Act.
The Federal Investment Tax Credit for solar energy will remain at 30% for all solar installs that become operational on or before 12-31-2032.
The Investment Tax Credit is a dollar-for-dollar federal tax credit for solar energy system and/or battery storage system install on residential or commercial properties. Ghe ITC is also valid for heat pump water ehaters and EV chargers.
WHO IS IT FOR? The 30% federal tax credit is available to any homeowner in the United States who installs a qualifying energy eficient system by December 31, 2032.* The 30% federal tax credit also extends to commercial buildings as well.
For more details, click here. www.seia.org
* Not all homeowners have the tax appetite to take full advantage of the federal investment tax credit. Please consult your tax professional.
UP TO $2,400 REBATE on anEV CHARGER INSTALL for 3C Energy Customers
Central Coast Community Energy (3C Energy) customers are eligible for up to a $2,400 rebate on a Level 2 EV charger installation. Final out-of-pocket costs are about $200 for the homeowner. Valid thru 09-30-2023 GET A QUOTE.
COMMERCIAL REBTES ARE GRETER. email email@example.com for commercial sales.
• Empower EV Program is offering up to a $2,500 rebate on a Level 2 EV charger installation. PG&E will cover the cost of up to $500 for one Level 2 charger, and up to $2,000 for panel upgrades that may be necessary. To qualify, the customer must live in a single-family household who have recently purchased an EV within six months, and meet income eligibility:
- Customer must verify income eligibility (within 400% of the federal poverty level):
- $51,040 for a one-person household
- $68,960 for a two-person household
- $86,880 for a three-person household
- $104,800 for a four-person household
- $122,720 for a five-person household
- Customer will have purchased or leased a new or used EV (fully battery electric or plug-in hybrid) in the six months prior to applying to this program.
- Customer must use the program’s licensed electrician for panel upgrade work and is financially responsible for any costs above the $2,000 project cost cap.
- GET A QUOTE
$2,500 to $4,500 SOLAR THERMAL WATER HEATING SYSTEM REBATE
Receive a $2500 to $4500 rebate on ENERGY STAR® Certified Solar Thermal Systems with a gas water heater backup. In addition, a brand new installation of an ENERGY STAR® Certified Water Heater in conjunction with the Solar installation is required. Limit one per household.
CLICK HERE for a free quote.
– Valid thru 12-2023
UP TO $3,100 REBATE on a HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER
$3,100 REBATE WHEN REPLACING A NATURAL GAS OR PROPANE WATER HEATER. GET A FREE QUOTE.
A heat pump water heater with a solar PV system is a great energy-saving, money-saving combination. Great for a homeowner who is currently on natural gas, propane, or has an older electric water heater.
Get up to a $3,100 rebate when replacing an existing natural gas or propane water heater. CLICK HERE for a free quote.
Get up to $1,000 rebate when replacing an existing electric water heater with an energy-efficient heat pump water heater.
- Reduce your water-heating bill by up to 80%.
- Prevent up to 4,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere.
- Cut propane costs by up to $1,000/year for a family of four.
- When installed with a solar electric system, your water heating energy costs are zero.
- Same footprint as the traditional water heater.
- Lasts twice as long as traditional tank heaters.
- Up to $2,800 rebate for any main service panel upgrades needed for added electrical capacity for the HPWH.
[†] Ask your tax advisor about possible federal tax credits.
BATTERY REBATE for residences in a Tier 2 or Tier 3 Fire Zone
SGIP Equity Resiliency Rebate of $1,000 per kWh battery install.
Qualifying homes that are:
• In a Tier 2 or Tier 3 fire zone AND on medical baseline energy rate plan OR • In a Tier 2 or Tier 3 fire zone AND also meets low-income requirements, are eligible for a state rebate of up to $13,500 per battery, in addition to the 30% federal tax credit (when installed with solar electric). Example: Tesla Powerwall costs about $21,995 to purchase the equipment and install. A homeowner is in a Tier 2 fire zone and on medical baseline billing structure receives $13,500 rebate, reducing the project cost to $8,495, LESS 30% tax credit... FINAL COST is $5,945. Battery storage rebates are administered by the Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP). Rebates are tiered, and decline as available funding for the program is depleted. Click here to request a free quote
The stanradr SGIP rebate for customers in a Tier 2 or Tier 3 fire zone and on a well are eligible for a rebate up to $1,980 per battery. Consult your tax professional regarding the reporting and use of rebates and/or tax credits.
EMPLOYER PARTNERS DISCOUNT PROGRAM - VALID THRU 12-31-23
Solarponics offers discount group pricing to select businesses and their employees.
Call Solarponics and ask if your business is listed on our Employer Partners Discount Program. In many cases, if one or more employee(s) who work at a Partner company install solar, all employee receives a discount of about $400 average per system install (depending on system size). This discount is in addition to any state and federal rebate or tax incentive.
Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Your solar energy analyst will present you with the discount, incentive or rebate that will save you the most money, maximizing your investment. Expires 12-31-2023.
FREE SOLAR POOL HEATING PANEL WITH INSTALL - Expires 10-31-23
Receive one FREE Panel with purchase of your Heliocol Solar Pool Heating System. The best just got better. Heliocol panels allow you to start your summer early and end your summer late. The Summer Savings offer is good for a limited time only, however, the extended swim season is available anytime.
System must be at least 300 square feet. Only available on Heliocol systems purchased between July 1 – October 31, 2023. Your rebate is calculated up front, so there is waiting/ Call your Solarponics energy analyst for a free quote. (805) 466-5595, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For every energy system we install, Solarponics is planting a tree on our customer's behalf. We have chosen to work thru Arbor Day Foundation for this effort. Our goal is to plant 1,000 trees. When we say "plant", we mean we donate the funds to cover the cost to plant one tree. Arbor Day does the actual planting. We reached our goal on November 12, 2022. We are now shooting for 2,000 trees planted by the end of 2023.
We must do something before it’s too late
Humankind is facing a crisis: our ability to survive and thrive at our curent living standards is at risk. Air and water pollution is rampant. Weather patterns are shifting at an alarming rate. Poverty is widespread. The entire globe is battling poor health for a number of reasons, and society as a whole is becoming more and more fractured. We can and will act locally to change the direction we are headed.
Solarponics is committed to addressing these problems through the installation of renewable energy, including solar PV, wind energy, solar water heating, and energy storage.
For every building and residence on the Central Coast to have a net-zero energy resource and consumption footprint.
Arbor Day Foundation is committed to addressing these problems… through trees. Trees are an important part of the solution to many critical issues facing the planet and humankind. Their goal? Plant 100 million trees around the globe in 2023.
An average 7kW solar energy system reduces 9,606 lbs of CO2 each year, the equivalent of planting 125 trees. One rooftop solar energy system really does lead to a significant environmental improvement.
For every system we install, Solarponics is planting a tree on our customers' behalf. We have chosen to work thru Arbor Day Foundation for this effort. Our original goal was to plant 1,000 trees. When we say "plant", we mean we donate the funds to cover the cost to plant one tree. Arbor Day does the actual planting. We reached our 1,000 tree goal on Nov 18, 2022. We have now doubled our tree planting goal to 2,000 trees by the end of 2023. It's a small effort to start, but one that will grow.
Solarponics is committed to addressing environmental issues facing us through the installation of sustainable energy products, including solar PV, wind energy, water heating, and energy storage. Our vision? For every building and residence on the Central Coast to have a net-zero energy resource and consumption footprint.
Arbor Day Foundation is committed to addressing issues such as climate, wildlife habitat, CO2 sequestration… through trees. Trees are an important part of the solution to many critical issues facing the planet and humankind. Their goal? Plant another 100 million trees around the globe in 2023.
DID YOU KNOW
An average 9kW solar energy system saves the average homeowner upwards of $65,000 over the life of the system.
Jokes from a solar energy nerd...
“Where do electricians get their supplies? The Ohm Depot.”
Jokes from a solar energy nerd...
“I can’t afford to pay for electricity anymore; these are some dark times.”
Jokes from a solar energy nerd...
“Why did the man eat the light bulb? He was hoping it would give him a bright idea.”
Jokes from a solar energy nerd...
“Why did the light bulb fail his math quiz? He wasn’t too bright.”
Jokes from a solar energy nerd...
“Why did the lights go out? Because they liked each other!