Variable Speed Pool Filter Pumps
Solarponics features and installs Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pool Filter Pumps. Most swimming pool filter pumps that are more than 10 years old are single speed pumps. These pumps typically have a very high RPM speed and are not that energy efficient. The Intelliflow is a variable spped pump, meaning it has a higher ramp up speed, then powers down to maintain a consistent water flow, which saves energy and money.
When Pentair®first introduced IntelliFlo Variable Speed technology, it set off a marketplace revolution with its energy efficiency, near-silent operation and long service life.
The IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump further refines the field-proven advancements that have led IntelliFlo pumps to outsell all other variable speed brands combined. Check out these advantages and you'll quickly see why:
- ENERGY STAR®Certified: meets strict energy efficiency criteria set by the U.S. EPA and US DOE.
- Energy savings up to 90% versus traditional pumps*.
- Eight programmable speed settings and built-in timer to ensure the pump runs at optimum speed and duration.
- Ultra-efficient permanent magnet motor design reduces noise and vibration for greater efficiency and longer pump life.
- Dramatically quieter operation - as low as 45 decibels - about 4 times quieter than most traditional-style pumps.**
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) design and low average operating speed makes IntelliFlo the quietest pump on earth.
- Fully compatible with IntelliTouch®, EasyTouch®, SunTouch®Pool Control Systems and other brands of digital pool/spa controls for managing pump, heating, lighting, spa jets and water features.
- Built in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life.
*Savings based on variable speed pool filter pump compared to a single-speed pump running 12 hours per day at an average of $0.16 per kWh in a 20,000 gallon pool. Actual savings may vary based on local utility rates, pool size, pump run time, pump horsepower, pump rpm, plumbing size and length, pump model, service factor and other hydraulic factors.
** Compared to noise level of typical 1.5 hp single-speed pump.