03-09-20 For Immediate Release:
New California Wildfire Battery Rebate Makes Battery Backup Virtually FREE.
The Wildfire Battery Rebate covers up to 100% of the cost of TWO Tesla Powerwalls for homeowners in a high fire threat area AND on a well. A battery backup system supplies power when the grid is down. You do not need to have solar PV to qualify (a $26,400 value).
To qualify for the 100% home battery backup rebate, residents MUST meet the following requirements:
- Be in a High fire threat district (see map below)
AND meet one of the following:
- Are a medical baseline customer;
- Have previously notified their utility of a serious illness or medical condition that would become life-threatening if electricity were to become disconnected; or
- The residence is dependent on an electric-powered well for domestic water that is on the same property
NOTE: Beware of scams and unethical sales tactics. There is no fee to submit your application. A company should not charge you a fee to submit your application.
Home Battery Rebate Level:
The Wildfire Battery Rebate is up to $26,400* for two Powerwalls, with a MINIMUM battery rebate of $2,600 per Powerwall for ALL California homeowners.**
How To Apply: Call Solarponics today. We'll first confirm that you qualify for the rebate. We can then submit your application on your behalf and reserve your rebate. WE DO NOT REQUIRE A DEPOSIT to submit your application. Once your rebate is confirmed, we schedule your install. The process can take up to 6 months.
If you're not located in a fire threat district, you are still eligible for a $2,600 rebate per Powerwall as part of the SGIP State Rebate program, and a 26% tax credit,*** for a savings of over $5,200 or more per Powerwall. Click here for details.
* Install cost for two Tesla Powerwalls before SGIP rebate is $26,400. Some homes may require a additional electrical panel work that may not be covered by the rebate allowance. The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) recently reallocated $600 million funds in the SGIP to help mitigate the disturbances caused by prolonged Public Safety Power outages for wildfire prevention.Restrictions apply. Residential Resilliency Rebate Program is administered thru the SGIP program. Source: https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/sgip/
** All California homeowners may qualify for a battery backup rebate of $2,600 per battery install under the SGIP program, with or without solar PV. If installed with solar, the homeowner may also qualify for a 26% federal tax credit.
*** Consult your tax professional. 26% battery tax credit is available for battery backup when added with a new solar energy system, or to an existing solar energy system.
Solarponics has installed over 400 Tesla Powerwalls and is the leading Tesla Powerwall installer on the central coast.