How much does a residential solar energy system cost in California?
• Residential solar energy system installs are costing around $3.06/W installed, as of Feb, 2020.
The AVERAGE size home system on the central coast is 7.2kW, costing in the ballpark of $ 22,032. A 7.2kW sized system will generally offset a $350/mo energy bill.
• How many solar panels do you need?
In the simplest of terms, for every 100kWh (kilowatt hours) of energy that you use each month, you will want about 700 watts of solar panels to offset 100% of use. Every panel model has a different watt output rating. The above example assumes a panel is rating of 300W.
Ex: You use 700 kWh of energy each month and want to offset 100% of your energy use. A recommended PV system size is 4.8kW, or roughly 16 panels (3000w panel rating) at an average install cost of $14,688.00 (4,800 total watts x $3.06 cost per watt installed) .
How much can Solarponics save me?
Our quotes are typically on par with competitors. All things being equal. Cheaper panel can affect cost. As can an inferior inverter. We install the best equipment that will save you the most money over the life of the system. Also, our goal is to avoid ANY change orders by quoting the project accurately the first time, so yo know what your real cost will be. No surprises. Having said that, in many cases, our quotes are thousands less than our competitors and the state average. All things being equal.
• We specialize in solar energy systems located on the central coast. That way, we are able to provide the best value, lowest install costs within a defined service area. We operate and maintain only one warehouse = SAVINGS
• We are able to respond fast and efficiently to our local market. Plus, we are member/owners of Amicus, the nation's largest solar company co-op, giving us access to the best products at the best prices = SAVINGS
• We also install SolarEdge inverters, the best in the world, and only use Tier 1 solar panels. The best equipment easy the best performance. And that equals greater savings. Plus, we would prefer not to ever have to go back out to your home or business to service your solar energy system because your system stopped working, thus making you a happy customer = SAVINGS
• All residential solar production calculations are validated through the California Solar Initiative and verified via Aurora, for your consumer protection and accuracy = SAVINGS
• Solar energy monitoring on all systems ensures the highest performance and savings = SAVINGS
• USA-made solar panels and products available = SAVINGS